Let’s face it, we’ve all been the new 18-year-old going clubbing for the first time. It’s exciting, adventurous and fun. But for those older, we see it as fresh meat stepping on our territory. The younger generation of clubbers tend to dress sluttier, have higher heels, bigger hair and be drunker than your 40-year-old sleazy uncle at family gatherings. The more experienced clubbers have been there, done that and are now looking down upon anyone younger who follows in their footsteps.
Here is how to spot those pesky newly-legal 18-year-olds that we once all were.
- They will be the girls wearing singlets (as we all know the dress length doesn’t do much to cover the poonani), with their boobs on full display.
- Their heels will be higher than their legs and they will last about 10 seconds before falling flat on their face.
- Their hair will be made to perfection with makeup thicker than Snooki’s.
- They will usually be in a posse so that they are never alone when grinding each other on the dance floor.
- It will be the boys wearing too much hair gel with clothes that look like they have been ironed by their mothers.
- They will by far be the drunkest of the lot and most likely end up puking all over themselves, or in the bushes outside after being escorted out by security.
- Those pink or blue ’18′ ribbons will be pinned to their shirts hoping that every and any guy/girl will buy them their first drink, even though they clearly don’t need another.
And they will by far be the most excited kids on the dance floor who will be there till the lights come on, pending they don’t hit the drunk wall at 9pm.
But little ones, don’t stress, you’ll have your year of being the ‘young ones’, then a new breed of teenagers will turn 18 and you’ll be looking down on them.